Tour Operations Coordinator
Permenant Full-time, Houston, Texas
The California Association for STEAM Education (CASE) is a not-for-profit organisation formed in 2017. Our vision is to be the most inspiring advocate of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) education globally. Our mission is to develop innovative STEAM based educational programs where students will acquire and master critical transferable skills for their future success.
We aim to:
- produce the most inspiring STEAM-based curriculum & learning programs;
- to be the global knowledge hub for STEAM educators to collaborate and excel in delivering enriched STEAM content;
- offer students the highest standard of STEAM learning; collaboratively and globally;
- equip students with the transportable skills for the 21st century; and
- support communities to close the global achievement gap.
The CASE programs are marketed and delivered globally by its programs partner Actura, who is the exclusive agent of CASE. Current programs offered include CASE Space School and CASE Robotics School. These programs are designed to broaden the mind of students, cultivate their drive & instill curiosity and the spirit of exploration along with the values of pursuing learning excellence.
CASE is currently recruiting for Tour Operations Coordinators who will provide on-ground, on-tour logistics and pre-tour planning support for the CASE Space and Robotics Schools expeditions. The expeditions usually have a duration of 2 weeks and are currently conducted annually in July and December. The expeditions may be comprised of international Junior and Senior High School students from countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia and other S/E Asia countries.
The positions on offer are full-time contracts and will be based in Houston, Texas.
Position Roles & Responsibilities
- The Tour Operations Coordinator shall work closely and collaboratively with the CASE Program Fulfillment Team, under the direction of the CASE Operations Manager, to assist in the planning and execution of a wide range of tour logistics subjects, including but not limited to:
- making local bookings with various service providers for certain program activities;
- assisting and liaising in making reservations for accommodation and meeting rooms at various hotels;
- assisting and liaising in making bookings and arrangements for the supply of AV services for daily requirements as well as for special events during the program.
- assisting and liaising with hotel catering and external restaurant providers for the provision of meals during the program, including bookings, menu design, special meals management and quality control;
- assisting and liaising in making transport reservations for airport transfers and daily program activities by bus and co-ordination of the bus services to ensure on-time, reliable and quality service;
- assistance and providing support to program attendee medical and other transport requirements;
- Coordination of logistics related to Hotel accommodation, meeting rooms, provision of food services, and bus transport to ensure seamless, high quality and dependable delivery of these services
- pre-arrival reconnaissance & survey for various program venues to ensure proper state of readiness, accessibility & availability and understanding of program deliverables by existing program venue service providers.
- scouting of new location venues for suitability and adaptability for the programs
- quality control and other performance assessments relating to the management of local service and program element providers
- support to the program for a variety of sundry tasks, such as purchasing of stationery items for Group Rooms at Hotel, purchasing of adhoc and medicinal items from local supermarkets and pharmacies, decoration and setup of Group Rooms with banners and other program marketing collateral
- assisting hotel and CASE operations staff in the setup of conference rooms for special program events
- recruitment of US Group Assistants, including sourcing of candidates, 1st-level screening, background and reference checking and referral onto the Operations Manager for final interview. [US Group Assistants provide on-tour program delivery and implementation support to the Group Managers accompanying the tour groups]
Tour Operations Coordinators will be required to liaise and communicate with the Program Fulfilment Team located in Sydney, Australia during the planning stages for each expedition. This will necessitate online meeting attendance and other communications at irregular times including out of normal business hours due to time-zone differences. During expeditions, Tour Operations Coordinators will be required to work from approximately 7:00 to 23:00 for the two-week program duration without any day off work. Expeditions are an intensive period for Tour Operation Coordinators and therefore require good health, stamina and resilience to cope with the rigor of the program.
Required attributes, qualifications and experience
- University qualifications, preferably in Event or Tour Management
- Self-starter with lots of initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized
- Efficient in administration and effective negotiator
- Logical and Critical thinker
- Problem solver
- Great relationship manager
- Clean background check
- Driver’s license and private vehicle
Remuneration & Benefits
- Base contract payment of $45,000 gross per annum
- Quarterly Performance incentive bonus gross based on pre-defined performance evaluation criteria
- Medical benefits
- Electronic equipment including mobile phone, laptop, digital camera
- Program events admission, accommodation and meals during expedition
- Appropriate training to fulfil the Tour Operations Coordinator role, which may include training held in Sydney Australia, the cost of which shall be fully funded by CASE including flights, accommodation, meals and transfers
- An amazing opportunity to exercise your event management skills with one of the most inspiring STEAM programs
Please submit resumes to email@example.com